Quanzhou, Fujian is probably one of the most underrated travel destinations. According to Marco Polo’s travel, Quanzhou was together with Alexandria considered one of the two largest seaports back in the 13th century. Due to her position as the starting point of the maritime Silk Road, thousands of foreigners from India, Middle East and Europe used to live here and brought with them their various beliefs. From Hinduism, Islam to Manichaeism, we will learn about their legacies in Quanzhou together with the well-preserved Fujian culture!
- Meeting point Sheung Wan. Take public tour coach to Shenzhen North train station (approx. 1.5hrs including immigration)
- High speed train to Quanzhou (First class seats – approx. 4.5 hours)
- Enjoy a performance of Nanyin, the classic music of Fujian at a community neighborhood (subject to availability)
- Overnight at a tastefully refurbished stone mansion guesthouse. Decorated beautifully interior/exterior. (Dinner)
- Explore Kaiyuan temple, a Buddhist temple with interesting Hindu carvings and the oldest stone towers in China built in 1250
- Visit a rare ancient mosque in Eastern China
- Hands-on playing with traditional Fujian marionette, ending with an entertaining puppet show at a community neighborhood (subject to availability)
- Overnight at a tastefully refurbished stone mansion guesthouse. Decorated beautifully interior/exterior (B+L+D)
- Explore a rustic fishing village with unique oyster shell wall houses. We will see how the elder fisher ladies dressed in their unique headdress and costume going about their daily livelihood by the sea. We will have the opportunity to dress up in their costumes as well!
- Visit a village full of traditional Minnan style courtyard houses, decorated with some extremely delicate stone/brick/wood carvings, built by a rich overseas Chines family
- Visit an interesting temple of lost religion, Manichaeism
- Return on the high-speed train from Xiamen to Shenzhen (first class seats approx. 4 hours)
- Private limousine transfers from the Shenzhen North Station to Hong Kong. (B+L)
Who can sign up: You will need a valid visa to China and a passport with at least 7 months validity. You will also need your own private travel insurance valid for the trip.
What’s Included in the Tour
- Coach to Shenzhen train station, high speed train to Quanzhou.
- 2 nights in boutique guesthouse (DOUBLE OCCUPANCY)
- Private chartered minivan for local transport
- Meals (Day 1 D, Day 2 B+L+D, Day 3 B+L)***
- High speed train Xiamen to Shenzhen, limousine transfers to Hong Kong
- All drinks (water, soft drinks, alcohol), Desserts
- Chinese Visa
- Laundry and telephone bills
Cancellation and refund policy
- In case of bad weather such that train/bus services are cancelled, the trip will be postponed or if the trip has to be cancelled you will receive a refund.
- If there are insufficient attendees, the trip will be cancelled and full refund.
- The tour is nonrefundable in all other situations
- If you are late for the trip by more than 5 minutes, we will not wait and there will be no refund as this is a scheduled coach from Hong Kong to Shenzhen.
***B= Breakfast / L= Lunch / D= Dinner
REGISTRATION BY 13 April: NO REFUNDS